Skip to content
General Information about HREC Elections
- A Board of Directors governs the cooperative
- The cooperative is divided into 4 director districts with 2 directors elected from each district
- Directors are elected by the membership of their respective districts and must be active members of the cooperative
- Directors serve three-year terms
- Directors may be nominated by written petitions signed by at least 25 Heartland REC members who are residents of the district to be represented
- Elections occur via mail ballot
- Results are announced at each year’s Annual Meeting
2024 Election Information
- Districts 1 and 4 will each have an open seat
- The sole candidate for District 1, Jesse Secrest, will take his seat as a new director in April as he is running unopposed.
- The candidates for District 4 are Steve McFarland (incumbent) and Martin O’Brien.
- Ballots for the District 4 election will be mailed no later than Monday, March 11, 2024, and need to be received at the Heartland REC office in Girard by 4:30 p.m. on Monday, March 25, 2024
- The winner of the District 4 election will be announced at the live-streamed Annual Meeting on Tuesday, March 26, 2024