What is Operation Round Up?
- Heartland members can help those in need with our Operation Round Up program
- The program gives Heartland consumer-members a quick and easy method of making financial contributions to non-profit organizations that help people throughout rural eastern and southeast Kansas
How Does It Work?
- Members are enrolled in Operation Round Up by default
- Each month, members’ electric bills are rounded up to the next dollar
- The additional amount is collected and pooled into a fund for distribution to non-profit organizations that promote the health and well-being of eastern Kansans
- This amount will range from 1 cent to 99 cents each month
Operation Round Up Grants
- All funds collected through Operation Round Up are donated to non-profit 501(c) (3) charitable organizations that provide food, clothing, shelter, medical care, education, and other direct services for those in need
- Funds collected through the Operation Round Up program are administered by a panel of volunteers selected by the Heartland Rural Electric Cooperative Board of Directors, and come from throughout Heartland’s 12-county service area
- The Community Foundation of Southeast Kansas provides assistance in managing the Operation Round Up contributions and disbursing funds
Applying for Operation Round Up Grants
- Applications for the 2021 Operation Round Up grants are now closed
- Applications for the next round of funding will open in October
If you have any questions, reach out to Doug Graham at (620) 724-5526 or email Doug.