Find the best way to pay your bill
Turning on the lights… enjoying the cool AC… watching television… Using electricity is the fun part.
Paying the bill, well, for most of us, that is not the fun part.
But Heartland has a variety of payment options and billing programs that can help take some of the pain out of utility bills. Here’s a list of payment methods, with tips that can help you pick what’s right for you.
* Automatic Bank Draft – This is the easiest method of payment! With the Advantage Payment Plan your payment is drafted from your bank account or paid with your credit card on the due date. It’s all done automatically. You may continue to receive a monthly statement and your payment is always on time. Call 1(800) 835-9586 to sign up, or enroll through SmartHub on our website.
* Online through our SmartHub – SmartHub is Heartland’s online account portal. By using your home computer you can access all your account information. That not only lets you pay your bill quickly, but also lets you look at monthly, daily and even hourly usage data. This can help you see when you were using power, and find opportunities to save. Access SmartHub through our website at www.heartland-rec.com
* On your smartphone or tablet with our SmartHub app. It’s online access but with your phone instead of a computer. This makes it easy to pay your bill while you’re away from home. Using the app on your phone also lets you receive alerts when bills are due, and even report outages with your phone.
* By Phone 24/7 using our automated system at 1(888) 999-5517. Our automated phone system lets you quickly pay your amount due whenever you’re ready. You can maintain control of your banking information, or save it with your account.
* Mail - Please allow 5-7 days for payment to be received in the mail. Return envelopes are provided in each electric bill, but you need to buy your own stamps.
* After Hours Drop Boxes - available at each of our three locations, which include our main office in Girard, and our offices in Mound City and Gas.
* In person - Payments can be made in person at any of our offices during office hours. Heartland’s offices open at 8 a.m. and close at 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. Our offices in Gas and Mound City have limited staff, so they are closed for lunch, and intermittently as needed.