How do I split capital credits in the event of a divorce or break-up?

Please call us at (800) 835-9586 and we will guide you through the process. Typically, the jointly held account will be closed, and any capital credits accrued will be allocated proportionally. The member who continues to live at the service address will start a new account that accrues new capital credits. The capital credits will be paid out over time in keeping with our normal processes. Learn more on our Capital Credits page.