- For those on our Peak Savers rate (which is the vast majority of our members), the Energy Charge is approximately 10.2 cents per kilowatt hour. (Those on the Time of Use or Time of Use EV rates will have different energy charges at different times of the day.)
- The Service Availability Charge is $39 per month and covers fixed costs such as poles, wires, and transformers, as well as our staff members.
- The Power Cost Adjustment reflects month-to-month changes in the cost of wholesale electricity.
- The Property Tax Adjustment helps us fairly allocate the cost of property taxes.
- Through Operation Round Up, consumer-members’ bills are rounded up to the nearest whole dollar and the difference is pooled into a fund for distribution to non-profit organizations that promote the health and well being of eastern Kansans. Heartland consumer-members are opted in by default, but you can contact us at (800) 835-9586 to opt-out.
- The Peak Charge (again, only applied to those on our Peak Savers rate) is $2 per kilowatt used during your one hour of highest usage during the month on declared Peak Days. Lower your usage from 3 to 8 p.m. on Peak Days and you can save money on your bill. This charge only occurs in June, July, August and September.
- County Taxes are also collected by Heartland and passed on to the county in which you reside.
|Detail of Charges||Cost|
|Service Availability Charge||$39|
|Power Cost Adjustment at $0.003865||$5.13|
|Property Tax Adjustment||$-0.32|
|Operation Round Up||$0.90|
|Total This Service||$192|