Connect New Service

Getting Power On

Are you moving into a home on the Heartland system? Or maybe you need to have the electric service put in your name?

  • First, fill out an application to become a member of Heartland
  • Because you are a member of a cooperative, you will need to pay the $5 membership fee
  • A security deposit may be required as well

Apply Online

You can apply online for residential or corporate membership to Heartland. To get started, select the appropriate option:

Residential Membership Application Corporate Membership Application

If you have any trouble with the application forms, please contact us at (800) 835-9586.

Adding Service at a New Location

If you need electric service for a new location then Heartland will need to get some construction done before we can turn on your power.

Examples of a new location include:

  • New homes
  • New oil and gas wells
  • Previously unserved lake lots

Applying for Service

  • This “Application for Service” form will collect all the information we need to get started on getting power to your location
  • Submit this completed form to our office
  • A $250 engineering deposit is required
  • We will make arrangements to come meet you at your property and work together to build the service to best serve your needs
  • You may need to pay for some of the construction costs depending on your plans for the property how much work is required
  • When the construction work is done, you just need to become a member and Heartland will get the power turned on

For more information, call our office at (800) 835-9586.

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity (including gender expression), sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, family/parental status, income derived from a public assistance program, political beliefs, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity, in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA (not all bases apply to all programs). Remedies and complaint filing deadlines vary by program or incident.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g., Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.) should contact the responsible Agency or USDA’s TARGET Center at (202) 720-2600 (voice and TTY) or contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program discrimination complaint, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, AD-3027, found online at How to File a Program Discrimination Complaint and at any USDA office or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by: (1) mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, 1400 Independence Avenue, SW, Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; (2) fax: (202) 690-7442; or (3) email:

USDA is an equal opportunity provider, employer, and lender.