Each year, Heartland Rural Electric Cooperative selects up to two high school seniors to receive $500 scholarships for tuition to the line worker training program of their choice.
- To encourage, promote, and educate potential electric line workers for rewarding careers in our industry.
- Heartland REC Line Worker Scholarship(s) will be awarded to applicant(s) who are residents of one of the 11 counties Heartland serves (Allen, Anderson, Bourbon, Crawford, Cherokee, Labette, Linn, Miami, Neosho, Wilson, Woodson).
- Recipients must attend an approved line worker training program as a full-time student.
- Scholarships are a one-time scholarship in the amount of $500.
- Up to two individuals will be awarded with a scholarship on an annual basis.
- Heartland’s management team will review the applications and determine the successful applicant(s).
- Scholarship applicants may be high school seniors (or others who have completed high school or its equivalent) that are interested in a career in electric line work.
- Applications shall be received by at the Heartland REC office in Girard or submitted by email to email@example.com no later than April 15th of each year.
- The scholarship payment will be made directly to the applicant upon enrollment in one of the approved line worker training programs. Verification of enrollment must be sent to Heartland REC for scholarship payment to be made.
- Post-School Employment: Scholarship recipients are in no way guaranteed employment at Heartland REC upon completion of training. However, submitting resumes for intern or apprentice positions are always in good interest for the trained apprentice line worker.
How to apply
- Send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 15:
- Completed Electrical Line Worker Scholarship Application (PDF linked below)
- High School and/or College Transcripts